Monday, September 22, 2008

My new office!!


from MANY different angles.

I have an office. (I'm doing the Snoopy Dance right now.  Be glad you can't see me!)

I am totally loving my house.  Have I mentioned that?  I know I've been complaining a little bit about the cramped quarters.  And the noise.  And, um, the dust.  (And this morning about someone ringing my doorbell at 8 am on the ONE DAY I get to sleep after working until 2:30 am editing, but in all fairness, most of the world is up and working by 8 am.)  But you know what?  I'm loving this.  I love seeing how these guys (and women!) built me a house.  I love seeing them take stacks of wood and nails and building something amazing out of it.  It's so very Little House On The Prairie, building a house out of nothing.  (Granted, it wasn't out of sod, but on the other hand, it's going to last a LOT longer, and has significantly fewer bugs.)

Speaking of which.  Did you see I Am Legend, with Will Smith? (or Charlton Heston, for that matter.)  You know how he was the last of his kind, living alone, constantly looking for just one more person like him?  And fully aware that the legions of other creatures were trying to kill him?  Well, we have a lone cricket living under our bathroom.  He sings at night.  His name is Will.  I feel kinda sad for him.  On the other hand, a lone cricket singing 10 feet from your head at 2 am is REALLY loud.  And I'm feeing quite zombie-ish at 2 am.  

So office!  And siding!  The siding is up!  It looks verrry nahhhhce.  I'm loving this house.  I'm loving my contractors.   I have all along, you know.  I kept hearing stories about how we'd fight, from people with OTHER contractors, and I have to say, either I'm totally delusional, or my contractors rock.  So I'm going with 'rock'.  :)


4 comments:

Rachelle said...

is there an ETA for moving in your equipment? Looks like it'll be a nice space!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachelle,

Thanks! We're hoping to have it all done by early November. I'm a horrible judge of how long it takes to get things done, so it *seems* like it should move quickly now, but there's lots of little things to do. Always the way, eh? :)

Julia MacInnis Photography said...

I can't believe this is the same house! SO HAPPY for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow the house does look so nice...post some bigger photo's. The design is unique and not like these cookie cutter style houses being built out in the sticks...LOL

I was wondering whether or not to do a project like this but felt I better do some research first.