Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ignoring the part about the animals speaking....

or for that matter, about them teaching a human to speak English... where did Mowgli get scissors to cut his hair? He was raised by a panther, and yet has the cutest little bob.  Hm.  

Speaking of living like animals.... hahahhah

Well, sort of.

I realized last week that I didn't need to change the sheets at all.  Because nobody is sleeping between them!  For the most part, I'm sleeping on the couch (was it any surprise that I'd be the last one to bed every night?)  Scott and Ian go into the dining room and curl up on their beds.  ON their beds. ON their sheets.  On their blankets.  Not under them.  And I know this because the beds are still made in the morning when I wake up.  And, please, my son and husband are not bed-makers.  I'm just as guilty, though.  I work until I'm sleepy, then go grab my comforter and crash on the couch.  It's very much like being single, except I'm 20 years older and, well, not single.   (For the record, we ARE washing the blankets.)

It's more like camping.  We have lightning bugs in our bathroom.  And at night, that's kind of cool.  But in the daytime, it's just bugs.  And I don't like bugs.  And it turns out, my children have completely bypassed childhood fascination and gone straight on to "get rid of it!"  Jos wouldn't get in the shower because of 'piders, as she calls them.  Except there weren't any.  But it does look like there SHOULD be 'piders in there.

So, as you may have inferred, this morning, we're watching videos.  Which, it turns out, is our routine most mornings.  We'll go out and do something soon, but for now, we're listening to the lovely sounds of my upstairs bathroom being completely demolished.   It's actually not as annoyingly loud as I thought it would be.  And when the bits of porcelain trickle down inside the wall cavities, it's almost like rain.   Almost.

I wish I could let the kids play in the basement again.  We'll be able to soon.  Right now, though, it kinda looks like this:


 Suffice it to say, it's a little dusty.  



No comments: