Friday, July 11, 2008

Today, it's quiet

Many things have happened since last we chatted.  Holes have come and gone in my walls.  Walls have come and gone.   We have a perpetual fly problem.  (How do they get in!?  I need a flyswatter something fierce.   There is always one buzzing around my head in the middle of the night when I'm editing and the only light on in the room is the one over my head.  Anyone looking in from the street would think I had gone crazy, because I'm typing with one hand, and waving Ian's butterfly net around my head with the other.  I hate flies.)

But today, it's quiet.  They will be back on Monday, tearing up walls again.   I've enjoyed the quiet.  

I need to get you caught up.

So where are we... the framework is up.  


There are windows.  The front living room window has been completely replaced, and there is so much more light in the living room now!  It's lovely.  I need to take another picture of the back of the house with the windows in.  It makes a big difference.

There is a GIGANTIC hole in my front yard, where they are putting in the egress window.  I don't know where the dirt went, because the pile of dirt in the yard seems to have stayed the same height.  It's a mystery to me.  The hole is for the egress window.  Soon, there will be light in the basement!  Whoo hoo!  (I'm very excited about this, in case you can't tell.)

I am currently working on a slideshow with all the pics - as I was looking through this batch, I realized there are just too many.  And it's my own fault for waiting a month between!

Here's a very quick slideshow of How To Unload Trusses:

And what's next?  Tomorrow, we officially move into the dining room.  All four of us.  In one room.  Three beds.  Last one to sleep gets the couch.  I have a feeling that will be me. (I'm okay with that, it's a comfy couch.)  Don't worry... there will be pictures!  :)

No comments: